Wednesday, 17 June 2009

Church of Bones and the Czech Olympic Swimming Pool

After a lap of Prague (to buy some new waterproof trousers - to fend off the rain, rather than for wearing ;-) ), we headed off to the Church of bones - a church decorated in human bones from the 1500's - even the chandelier is made of bones;

Nettleton tours then took over and managed to find the 'green lane' function on the SatNav (Czech's haven't even heard of green lanes !!). Needless to say, in true 'green laning' style, we completed a 360 loop around Policka, and then ended up in farmyard !!


Once out of the farmyard a welcome coffee break was had alongside a local swimming pool (complete with sluice gate)

Next stop Slovakia - Spriggo, I'm heading to the bank - just for you.... I hope the notes are legit...

2 comments:

  1. If I were you I'd send Scott back to Blighty before you get into serious countryside. If he can do this in Europe, what hope for the 'Stans!!!!!
    Keith of Wellington

    ReplyDelete
  2. Church of Bones??? What is this? The Long Way Round II? Next you'll be holed up in some strange hotel after spending 12 hours trying to get across the border...

    ReplyDelete