The first 100-odd miles were down the pacific highway, which offered great views of the Pacific Ocean - I love the way the forest reaches down to the shoreline.
We then crossed over a mountain range (dunno which one - but it was fab (well the road was nice and twisty :-) ) ), and headed for Fresno, where Phil was meeting up with the plane to head to Texas.
After an overnighter shacked up in a Super8 motel, and an early 03:00 drop-off at the airfield, I set off for Vegas.
On route I passed one hell of a windfarm;
I guess it's green energy - but it's a bloody eyesore!
Finally in Nevada, I pulled over at Primm for a quick break, and came across the paddock for a desert race
that is taking place this weekend.
Even the local gentry had entered in the family roller;
Right I'm off to the Casino to spend my launderette tokens that somehow never got spent ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment