Saturday, 25 August 2007

Day 14 Into Utah

Last night we had dinner with a few of Phils friends from the area (well one drove 4 hours for dinner!!) which was a real laugh but also quite surreal - "Are you doing the X-Games this year?", "Nah - they've asked me to race XYZ instead" :-)

This morning we left Monticello, and nipped back into Colorado before heading towards Utah for real. The approach was via a wooded hill, which seemed to be a fairly small climb to around 10,000 feet. Then on the descent we got our first glimpse of the amazing sandstone synonymous with Moab.

Today was our first rendezvous with the airplane, to pick up Michelle from New Mexico, and drop John off.
Whilst at the airport, I had an interesting conversation with a chap who was boarding the aeroplane in the background;


He started by complimenting the array of bikes that we had, he also mentioned he was a dirtbiker, and had a Honda CRF. Then he happened to mention he was the the Governor of the State of Utah.
We had a bit more of a chat, then he disappeared on his way. After relaying the story, I was suitably chastised by the others for not getting a 'thumbs up photo' for Phils website

I have since tried to recover the situatiuon by emailing Jon Huntsman Jr at the Utah Governers Office.

After a tasty Italian lunch, we then disappeared off to Green River - with Michelle and Phil 2-up !!


GPS Log

3 comments:

  1. Will and I spent 3 days camping (it was horrible) in Moab right next to the Green River. We were mountain biking and I've never been so hot!!! There's a cool pool hall with glorious air conditioning there though which we spent a long long afternoon in...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camping !!!
    I couldn't even begin to think what it must be like to camp here - it's so hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't too bad. We were too drunk to care when going to sleep and we had to get up so early to cycle whilst it wasn't too warm we didn't really spend much time in the tent. Not great all the same.

    ReplyDelete