Thursday, 16 August 2007

Day 5 Into Oklahoma

No photos today.
100 miles of fairly interesting gravel trails across from Arkansas, then 150 miles of gravel straight-90 degree turn-gravel straight-90 degree turn etc etc
A classic example of the American town-grid network gone mad in the country !

Mealtimes were entertaining today - pizza lunch sat with a bunch of workmen, one of whom asked if we had "run out of things todo" when we mentioned what we were doing. Fair point I guess :-)

Arriving in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, scorched, hot and sweaty we stopped at Sonic (a drive in diner) for a slush drink thingy, and met a lady who had visited London in 1977 - she proceeded to chastise Phil for not warning me about the scorpions and snakes in the desert.

Then a steakhouse for dinner tonight, which had to be the friendliest place around - the owner ended up getting the whole staff out of the kitchen, the bar and the diner for a group 'thumbs up' photo !

I'm currently setting myself up for 550 miles of more of the same grid-type trails across Oklahoma - let's hope I'm wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment