We left Clinton, Arkansas, and headed into the Boston Mountains in Arkansas, where we ducked and dived, and wiggled and weaved around the mountains, in and out of the forest. After 100 miles, we stopped at this great little town, which had this single fuel station/grocery store/cafe/tool shop. In the photo you can probably just see 'Junior' (left), and Jim (right) on the porch to the store - we sat and chatted with them for half an hour whilst waiting for the lunch special to be cooked. They told us all sorts of tales of dare; from building the roads through the forest, to discovering Marijuana plantations in the forest, to making moonshine whisky. A truely entertaining time - it certainly backed up my thoughts from the mornings ride, where I half expected the General Lee to be broadside around the next corner, with 'Sheriff Rosco P Coltrane' in hot pursuit :-)
The afternoon ride for me was just the best !!!
I came around a corner in the forest to see a brown bear scurry off the trail, and into the forest. I was probably within about 15m of the it !!
Whilst coming down from the excitement of almost bumping into a brown bear, and within 45 minutes, I rounded another corner and came up upon a black bear !!! This one was even closer, probably 5 m away. Awesome.
Tomorrow we head into Oklahoma.
P.S. It's still damn hot - 42DegC

No comments:
Post a Comment