Monday, 13 August 2007

Day 2 Mississippi

Sunday morning started off with a trip to the car wash !! I didn't think the bikes looked dirty - but Phil assured me that they were !

Once off on the trail we headed for the Tennessee-Missisippii border

The days riding was again pretty much road (quite monotonous) and gravel road (which was good fun), with a couple of memorable moments;
Firstly the creek crossing - I was daft enough to ask the locals on the quad how deep the crossing was (after the crossing he shouted in a southern drawl - "damn me that was deeper than I thought"

Then when running low on fuel, we met a kid on a quad who was good enough to take us off the trail, to the fuel station;

There were several 'bridge out' crossings that we continued through apart from this one, which got the better of me !

Mileage: 240

Tomorrow, we hit leave Mississippi and head into Arkansas

2 comments:

  1. I think we need some proper introductions Russ. Names to faces and all that malarchy. I know you think you're there to have a bit of fun on holiday but you're really there to brighten the monotony of our dull days (please excuse this sweeping statement if it doesn't include yourself fellow reader).

    It's good to see you treating the loan bike just the same as if it were one of your own too :) Just remember not to write it off until right near the end otherwise the blog'll get really boring really quickly.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see you are taking a keen interest in the local roadside wildlife!
    Looks like you have got the sunshine that Doug wants. Seat on the bike looks a bit skinny, did you remember to take your snowboarding gel pants?
    L

    ReplyDelete